6 things that cost more than life insurance
Life insurance. I know hearing these two little words your brain automatically turns off. Chances are you do not want to think about death because we all feel like we are going to live forever. And the cost! You are probably thinking to yourself, “Life insurance is so expensive and pointless.” I would have to disagree. Being in the insurance industry there is always a solution for everyone. If you look at the numbers, you may discover that life insurance is less than you imagined. The average cost for a $500,000 term life policy for a nonsmoking 35-year-old is less than $30 a month.
$30 a month. That’s not a lot. To compare, here are 6 things that you might be spending more on each month:
1. A daily cup of coffee. Depending on where you get it, an ordinary cup of coffee can cost nearly $3. That’s $90 a month! Bring your coffee from home a couple of times a week and you can afford both caffeination (which we do not want you to go without!) and coverage.
2. Going to the movies-once. Two tickets will set you back at least $20, and that before you get some popcorn, soda pop and gummy bears.
3. Lottery tickets. What are the odds you’re going to need life insurance at your age? A lot better than the odds of scratching off that million-dollar square.
4. Your nails. One mani-pedi a month costs around $45. Skip the toenails and you can foot the bill for life insurance!
5. That gym membership. Don’t get us wrong, we think a gym membership is a great investment…if you’re actually going to the gym.
6. We would never ask you to give up pizza- that’s just cruel. But if you order pizza more than once a month, it’s probably costing you more than a basic life insurance policy.
There are many more routine purchases we all make that, like these 6 things, cost more than life insurance. Do you have $30 a month to protect your family? It breaks down to less than $2 a day and the peace of mind that you are covered is priceless.