To best understand what the unique wants and needs of their workforce is, employers should do some research. The best research they can do is to speak directly to their employees. However, this can be difficult if a company has a large number of employees. It can also be useless to do research if you do not collect concrete data. A short anonymous survey given to your employees, with adequate on the clock time to complete the survey, can give you a wealth of data that will better inform your decisions when purchasing employee benefits plans.
Surveys of this kind should be specific and answer questions that you want to know as the purchaser of the benefits plan. Understanding what is important to your employees can help you choose options that will create the greatest sense of job satisfaction among employees. Surveys will also give you insight into how to best attract potential employees with your benefits plan.
A survey can include any questions you would like and can be in any format that gives you the greatest insight into your workforce.
Below is a sample of an employee survey created to gauge employee benefits satisfaction as well as discover what aspects of benefits coverage are most important to the employees. Feel free to use this survey with your workforce if you think it can help you gain a better understanding.
(Sample) Employee Benefits Survey
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest). How important are employee health insurance benefits in your consideration to work for a company?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest). How satisfied are you with the current health insurance benefit plans offered by your employer?
- Rank 1 – 4 (1 being the most important, 4 being the least important). How important the below are to your satisfaction as an employee.
- Health insurance
- Company culture
- Feeling that your work matters
- Rank 1 -4 (1 being the most important, 4 being the least important) How important the below are to your satisfaction as an employee.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Plans
- Rank 1 – 4 (1 being the most important, 4 being the least important) How important the below are to your satisfaction as an employee.
- Employee wellness plans
- Long term care insurance
- The ability to insure a family member
- What aspect of benefit plans do you feel your employer is lacking in?
Whether you are endeavoring on a new venture or trying to refine old avenues research is important. Taking some time to better understand where your workforce stays on the insurance benefits plans that you offer can save you money and make your employees more satisfied with their jobs.
Research will also help you and your insurance agent decipher the best approach to take when shopping for benefits options. Contact us at Konen Insurance and we can help you find policies that give your employees what they want while keeping it within your budget.